691 Differential Geometry
In mathematics you don't
understand things. You just get used to them.
-- John von Neumann, Nobel Prize winner.
- Time and Place: 5:00-6:15 pm
MW at 513 Smith Hall.
Peter Saveliev (please, call me Peter)
- Office: Smith Hall 741A
- Office Hours:
12:45 - 1:45 MTWRF (tentative) or by
- Office Phone: x64639
- Home Phone: 697-7827 (9 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Class Web-Page:
Differential Forms: A Complement to Vector Calculus by Steven H.
Weintraub (optional, lecture notes will be on-line).
- Chapter 1 Differential forms
- Chapter 2 Oriented
- Chapter 3 Differential forms revisited
- Chapter 4 Integration
- Chapter 5 Stokes' Theorem
- Chapter 6 Cohomology
differential forms as a way to understand calculus
- take-home homework + possibly
some quizzes: 40%
- 2 exams (open book): 15% each
- final exam: 30%
- Letter Grades: A: 90-100, B: 80-89, C: 70-79, D: 60-69, F: <60