- Time and Place: MW 6:30-7:45 at 514 Smith Hall
- Instructor: Peter Saveliev (call me Peter)
- Office: 778F Smith Hall (in the alley)
- Office Hours: TR 3:00-5:00, or by appointment, or any
time I am there (usually in the afternoon)
- Office Phone: xx64639
- Home Phone: 697-7827 (9 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
firstname.lastname@example.org (put Math
203 as the subject)
- Class Web-Page:
good knowledge of basic functions, excellent algebra skills, knowledge of
- Texts: Applied Mathematics for the Managerial, Life, and Social
Sciences by Tan, 2nd edition (Chapters 9-12).
- Computer Requirements: graphic calculator TI-83 or TI-83+.
good understanding of functions, limits, the derivative, and the integral,
some multivariable calculus.
- Quizzes: based on the practice problems from
- Grade Breakdown: TOTAL = .25×Q + .15×E1 + .15×E2 + .15×E3 + .30×F
- quizzes: 25%
- 3 exams: 15% each
- final exam: 30%
- Letter Grades: A: 90-100, B: 80-89, C: 70-79, D: 60-69, F: <60
From the Catalogue:
|MTH 203 - 3 - Calculus for Business
|Fundamental aspects of calculus are covered with
applications in business and economics. The topics covered include
limits, differentiation, integration, and some multivariable calculus.
(PR: MTH 123 or equivalent, or MTH ACT at least 27)