Algebra -- Spring 2013
MTH 331 - Linear Algebra. Vector spaces, matrices and determinants,
linear transformations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and applications.
PR: MTH300. 4 hours.
- Time and Place: 5:00 pm - 5:50 pm MTWR Smith Hall 513
- Instructor: Peter Saveliev (call
- Office: 325 Smith Hall
- Office Hours: 2:30 - 4:30 TR, or by appointment
- Office Phone: x4639
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Class Web-Page: math01.com
- Prerequisites: Math 300, the ability to understand and
- Text: Linear Algebra by Messer
- Goals: understanding vector spaces, ability to work in
the definition-theorem-proof format, some "mathematical
- Evaluation: midterm, final exam, weekly homework,
- Grade Breakdown:
- homework + quizzes: 30%
- midterm: 30%
- final exam: 40%
- Letter Grades: A: 90-100, B: 80-89, C: 70-79, D: 60-69,
See also Course policy.