Topology -- Spring 2013
632 Advanced Topology.
Differential forms and cohomology, and applications.
PR: MTH 331. 3 hours.
- Time and Place: 12:30 pm - 1:45 pm TR Smith Hall 516
- Instructor: Peter Saveliev (call
- Office: 325 Smith Hall
- Office Hours: 2:30 - 4:30 TR, or by appointment
- Office Phone: x4639
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class Web-Page: math02.com
- Prerequisites: Math 331 Linear Algebra, the ability to
understand and write proofs.
- Text: Applied Topology and Geometry
(draft), specific chapters listed below
- Goals: understanding continuous and discrete
differential forms and their relation to the topology of the space.
- Evaluation: midterm, final exam, weekly homework,
- Grade Breakdown:
- homework + quizzes: 30%
- midterm: 30%
- final exam: 40%
- Letter Grades: A: 90-100, B: 80-89, C: 70-79, D: 60-69,
See also Course policy.